Cheerios Banana Muffins
Banana Muffins packed with all the goodness of Cheerios.
To prepare the muffins
- 1 1/2 cups Cheerios cereal, crushed
- 1/2 cup brown rice flour
- 3/4 cup quinoa flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup mashed banana
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup oil
To prepare the topping
- 1/2 cup Cheerios cereal, crushed
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Step 1To prepare the muffins: Preheat the oven to 400 °F.
- Step 2In a bowl, combine the Cheerios™, rice and quinoa flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and sugar.
- Step 3In a separate bowl, combine the mashed banana, milk, egg and oil. Incorporate the dry ingredients and gently stir with a spatula. Pour the batter into an individually-lined muffin pan, filling each one about 2/3 full.
- Step 4To prepare the topping: In a bowl, combine all the ingredients. Pour a teaspoon of the mix over each muffin.
- Step 5Bake for 20 minutes. Insert a toothpick in the center of each muffin, and if it comes out moist, bake for a few more minutes. Remove from oven and let cool on a cooling rack. Serve, and enjoy!
- Cooking Gluten Free? Always read labels to make sure each recipe ingredient is gluten free. Products and ingredient sources can change.