Non-Dairy Chocolate Truffle Cookies
Delicious dairy-free cookies for the whole family.
- 1 cup Cheerios cereal
- 1/4 cup quinoa flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 small egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Powdered sugar, to taste for garnish
- Step 1Put the Cheerios, quinoa flour, baking powder, salt, sugar, cocoa powder and coconut oil in a food processor. Process to mix.
- Step 2Add the egg and vanilla, and continue processing for a few seconds until a very soft dough has formed. Transfer to a plastic bag and freeze for at least 1 hour. You can also freeze overnight.
- Step 3Preheat the oven to 375 °F.
- Step 4Remove the dough from the freezer. Form balls by the rounded teaspoon and roll in powdered sugar. Arrange the cookies, with plenty of space between each dough ball, on a baking sheet lined with a silicone baking mat or greased parchment paper. Bake for 8 minutes.
- Step 5Remove from the oven and let the cookies cool on the baking sheet before transferring to cooling rack to cool completely. Serve and enjoy!
- Roll the cookies in chopped walnuts in place of the powdered sugar for a different texture.
- Cooking Gluten Free? Always read labels to make sure each recipe ingredient is gluten free. Products and ingredient sources can change.
- Cooking Without Dairy? Always read labels to make sure each recipe ingredient does not contain dairy. Products and ingredient sources can change.
Calories: 40, Calories from Fat: 15, Cholesterol: 5 mg, Potassium: 30 mg, Sodium: 45 mg, Total Carbohydrate: 6 g, Total Fat: 1 1/2 g, Saturated Fat: 1 g, Sugars: 4 g