Chocolate Chip Cookies
A finger licking good, traditional recipe.
- 1 cup Frosted Cheerios cereal
- 1 cup Cheerios cereal
- 1 cup Betty Crocker™ Bisquick™ Gluten Free mix
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 4 oz unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Step 1In a food processor, grind the cereal, and add the pancake mix, salt, baking soda. Mix well.
- Step 2In a blender, combine butter and sugar. Add the egg and vanilla. Use a spatula to combine dry and wet ingredients. Add chocolate chips and shape the dough into a ball. Cover in plastic and freeze for 30 minutes.
- Step 3Preheat oven to 375 °F.
- Step 4Remove dough from freezer. Use an ice scream scoop or a large soup spoon to shape the cookies. Place them on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper and leave a 3-inch space in between.
- Step 5Bake for 7 minutes or until golden. Remove from oven, let them rest for a few minutes and let cool on a rack.
- Step 6Store in a tightly sealed container. Serve and enjoy!
- For a crunchy consistency, add chopped walnuts or peanuts.
- Cooking Gluten Free? Always read labels to make sure each recipe ingredient is gluten free. Products and ingredient sources can change.