Lime Juice Tartlets
Make this zesty dessert to accompany a summer BBQ.
FOR THE BASE
- 1 cup Cheerios™ cereal, ground
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup melted butter
FOR THE FILLING
- 1 cup condensed milk
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 1 pinch of salt
FOR THE GARNISH
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 1/2 tablespoon sugar
- Step 1For the base: Preheat oven to 350 °F. In the food processor, process Cheerios™, almond flour, sugar and butter.
- Step 2Add 1 to 2 tablespoons of this mixture in each tartlet mold (removable bottom). Press into the bottom and sides with the bottom of a cup or small glass. Bake for 11 minutes or until lightly golden. Cool on racks.
- Step 3For the filling: In a bowl, combine condensed milk, lime juice, lime zest and salt. It will thicken as the ingredients combine.
- Step 4Fill the molds with this mixture and refrigerate for at least 4 hours. Remove from molds.
- Step 5For the garnish: Beat the heavy cream with the sugar until it thickens. Garnish the tartlets and serve.
- Cooking Gluten Free? Always read labels to make sure each recipe ingredient is gluten free. Products and ingredient sources can change.