Gluten-Free Apple Cinnamon Cheerios Crisp
Create a tasty apple crisp with an apple-crunch topping. After one taste, you’ll want to make it again and again.
- 4 cups sliced red apples (about 3 to 4 medium apples)
- 1/2 cup gluten free quick-cooking or old-fashioned oats
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup firm butter or margarine
- 2 cups Apple Cinnamon Cheerios cereal
- Step 1Heat oven to 350° F. Arrange apples in ungreased 8- or 9-inch square pan.
- Step 2In medium bowl, stir together oats, brown sugar and cinnamon; cut in butter with pastry blender or fork until crumbly. Stir in cereal; sprinkle over apples.
- Step 3Bake uncovered 30 to 35 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Cover and refrigerate any remaining crisp.
- Go ahead, leave the peel on the apples. It’s easier--and healthier, too!
- Cooking Gluten Free? Always read labels to make sure each recipe ingredient is gluten free. Products and ingredient sources can change.
Calories: 170, Calories from Fat: 70, Cholesterol: 20 mg, Insoluble Fiber: 1 g, Potassium: 110 mg, Sodium: 85 mg, Total Carbohydrate: 23 g, Dietary Fiber: 2 g, Total Fat: 8 g, Monounsaturated Fat: 2 g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 1/2 g, Protein: 2 g, Saturated Fat: 4 1/2 g, Sugars: 15 g, Fats & Oils: 2 tsp