No-Bake Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
These no-bake cereal bars are just as indulgent as a cookie and perfect for a snack.
- 4 cups Chocolate Cheerios cereal
- 1 cup old-fashioned or quick-cooking oats
- 1/2 cup creamy cookie butter or cookie spread
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup semisweet mini chocolate chips
- Step 1Line bottom and sides of 8-inch square pan with foil or parchment paper. Spray foil with cooking spray. In large bowl, mix cereal and oats; set aside.
- Step 2In large microwavable bowl, microwave cookie butter, honey and brown sugar uncovered on High 2 to 3 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds, until mixture is boiling and slightly thickened.
- Step 3Pour over cereal mixture in bowl; stir until evenly coated. Gently stir in chocolate chips. Using buttered back of spoon, press mixture very firmly in pan. Refrigerate about 1 hour or until firm enough to cut.
- Step 4For bars, cut into 4 rows by 4 rows. Store covered at room temperature up to 1 week.
- Cookie butter is very much akin to peanut butter--similar consistency and color. The rich gingerbread flavor actually comes from the so-called “Speculoos cookie,” a crunchy Belgian cookie that has a hint of caramel.
Calories: 180, Calories from Fat: 50, Insoluble Fiber: 1 g, Potassium: 75 mg, Sodium: 60 mg, Total Carbohydrate: 30 g, Dietary Fiber: 1 g, Total Fat: 5 g, Monounsaturated Fat: 1 g, Protein: 1 g, Saturated Fat: 2 g, Sugars: 20 g, Grains: 1 oz-eq