Gluten Free Pumpkin Cream Pie
Eating gluten free or not? Here’s an easy-to-make pumpkin pie everyone will love!
- 2 1/2 cups Gluten Free Honey Nut Cheerios™ cereal
- 3 tablespoons firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 package (8 oz) gluten-free cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup canned pumpkin (not pumpkin pie mix)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon gluten-free vanilla
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- step 1Heat oven to 350°F. Using food processor, finely crush cereal.
- step 2In medium bowl, mix crushed cereal and brown sugar with fork. Stir in melted butter until well mixed. Place cereal mixture in ungreased 9-inch pie plate. Press cereal mixture evenly against bottom and sides of pie plate. Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool completely, about 30 minutes.
- step 3In large bowl, beat cream cheese and granulated sugar with electric mixer on medium speed until creamy. Add pumpkin, spices and vanilla; beat until smooth. Fold in whipped cream. Spread evenly in pie crust. Refrigerate at least 4 hours before serving. Cover and refrigerate any remaining pie.
- For an extra special look, top each piece of pie with a dollop of whipped cream and a toasted pecan half or a sprinkle of cinnamon.
- Cooking Gluten Free? Always read labels to make sure each recipe ingredient is gluten free. Products and ingredient sources can change.
Beta-Carotene: 140%, Calories: 400, Calories from Fat: 260, Cholesterol: 90 mg, High-Fat Meat: 1/2, Potassium: 190 mg, Sodium: 250 mg, Total Carbohydrate: 32 g, Dietary Fiber: 2 g, Total Fat: 29 g, Monounsaturated Fat: 8 g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 1 1/2 g, Protein: 3 g, Saturated Fat: 17 g, Sugars: 24 g, Trans Fat: 1 g, Dairy: 1/2 c, Fats & Oils: 2 tsp