Cheerios Applesauce Muffins
Applesauce keeps these spicy muffins moist.
- 2 cups Cheerios cereal
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 pouches (3.2 oz each) GoGo Squeeze™ applesauce on the go
- 1/3 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- Step 1 Heat oven to 400°F. Spray bottoms only of 12 regular-size muffin cups with cooking spray.
- Step 2 Crush cereal. In large bowl, stir together cereal, flour, brown sugar, cinnamon, baking powder and baking soda. Stir in remaining ingredients just until moistened. Divide batter evenly among muffin cups.
- Step 3 Bake 18 to 22 minutes or until golden brown. Stir in raisins, if desired.
- Try different flavors of GoGo Squeeze™ applesauce in your muffins for a taste treat!
Calories: 150, Calories from Fat: 30, Cholesterol: 20 mg, Potassium: 110 mg, Sodium: 170 mg, Total Carbohydrate: 27 g, Dietary Fiber: 1 g, Total Fat: 3 g, Monounsaturated Fat: 1 g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 1 1/2 g, Protein: 3 g, Saturated Fat: 1/2 g, Sugars: 13 g, Fats & Oils: 1 tsp, Grains: 1 oz-eq