Breakfast on the go? Try yummy banana muffins with cereal baked right in them.
- 2 cups Cheerios cereal
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas (about 2-3 medium bananas)
- 1 cup raisins
- 2/3 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- Step 1 Heat oven to 400°F. Grease bottoms only of 12 regular-size muffin cups.
- Step 2 Crush cereal. In large bowl, stir together cereal, flour, brown sugar and baking powder. Stir in remaining ingredients just until moistened. Divide batter evenly among muffin cups.
- Step 3 Bake 18 to 22 minutes or until golden brown.
- Brown bananas? Toss them, unpeeled, in the freezer. They'll be ready when you need them for any recipe using mashed bananas. Simply thaw and mash.
Calories: 190, Calories from Fat: 40, Cholesterol: 20 mg, Potassium: 250 mg, Sodium: 150 mg, Total Carbohydrate: 34 g, Dietary Fiber: 2 g, Total Fat: 4 1/2 g, Monounsaturated Fat: 1 g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 2 g, Protein: 3 g, Saturated Fat: 1 g, Sugars: 16 g, Fats & Oils: 1 tsp, Fruits: 1/4 c, Grains: 1 oz-eq