Gluten Free Baked Zucchini Sticks
Coated in a crushed cereal and seasoning mixture and baked, these fresh zucchini sticks are a fun party appetizer.
- 1 1/2 cups Cheerios™ cereal
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon gluten-free Italian seasoning
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Dash Pepper
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 4 teaspoons milk
- 3 medium zucchini, cut into 3 x 1/2-inch strips
- 3/4 cup Yoplait® Greek plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped herbs (basil, thyme or rosemary leaves)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Step 1Heat oven to 400° F. Line cookie sheet with cooking parchment paper or foil. Finely crush cereal. (To easily crush cereal, place in plastic bag or between sheets of waxed paper, and crush with rolling pin.)
- Step 2In medium bowl, stir together crushed cereal, cheese, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper. In small bowl, stir together melted butter and milk. Dip zucchini into butter mixture, then roll in cereal mixture to coat evenly. Place on cookie sheet.
- Step 3Bake 9 minutes; turn zucchini over. Bake about 8 minutes longer or until coating is light golden brown.
- Step 4Meanwhile, in small bowl, stir together Parmesan-Yogurt Dip ingredients. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- The Parmesan-Yogurt Dip can be made up to a day ahead. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Make dipping easy: Use one hand for butter dipping and dropping zucchini into cereal mixture, then the other hand for cereal dipping and turning.
- Cooking Gluten Free? Always read labels to make sure each recipe ingredient is gluten free. Products and ingredient sources can change.
Beta-Carotene: 10%, Calories: 170, Calories from Fat: 90, Cholesterol: 25 mg, Insoluble Fiber: 2 g, Very Lean Meat: 1, Potassium: 370 mg, Sodium: 490 mg, Total Carbohydrate: 12 g, Dietary Fiber: 2 g, Total Fat: 10 g, Monounsaturated Fat: 2 1/2 g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 1/2 g, Protein: 9 g, Saturated Fat: 6 g, Sugars: 4 g, Vegetable: 1/2, Dairy: 1/2 c, Fats & Oils: 2 tsp, Vegetables: 1 c