Lemon Squares with Cheerios
10 Minutes Prep
2 Hours 50 Minutes Total
- 1 1/2 cups Cheerios cereal
- 1 1/2 cups Frosted Cheerios cereal
- 1/2 cup butter
- 10 tablespoons flour
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 6 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Powdered sugar, to taste for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 350 °F.
- In a food processor, pulverize the cereals. Cut the butter into small pieces and add them to the processed Cheerios, along with 7 tablespoons of the flour. Mix with your hands until thick and dough-like. Transfer to a square 8 x 8-in baking sheet and bake for 15-20 minutes or until the dough begins to brown on the edges.
- Mix the eggs, sugar, lemon juice, baking powder and remaining 3 tablespoons of flour. Beat until all ingredients are fully incorporated and the mix is slightly thick.
- Once the dough is ready, remove from oven and pour the lemon-egg mix over the top. Bake for 20 additional minutes. Remove from the oven and let rest for 1 hour. Refrigerate for 1 additional hour.
- Cover with powdered sugar and cut into 16 squares. Serve and enjoy!
- For more concentrated lemon flavor, add lemon zest.