Gluten Free Roly Poly Peanut Butter-Chocolate Balls
Try easy-to-make candy with good-for-you O’s.
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 cup creamy or crunchy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 2 cups Cheerios cereal
- Step 1Line a cookie sheet with parchment or waxed paper. In 1-quart saucepan, mix chocolate chips and water. Heat over medium heat, stirring constantly, until the mixture is smooth. Cool the chocolate while preparing the candies.
- Step 2In medium bowl, mix peanut butter, powdered sugar and corn syrup until well blended. Stir in the cereal until evenly coated.
- Step 3Lightly spray your hands with cooking spray. For each candy, roll 1 tablespoon of the mixture into a 1 1/2-inch ball. Place the balls on the cookie sheet and press them slightly so the bottoms of the balls are flat (this stops them from rolling off the cookie sheet).
- Step 4Spoon about 1 teaspoon of the cooled chocolate onto each ball. Refrigerate until firm, about 30 minutes. Store the candies in a covered container in the refrigerator.
- Sticky Fingers? To keep the candy mixture from sticking to your spoon when you spoon it out to make a ball, spray your spoon with cooking spray.
- Cooking Gluten Free? Always read labels to make sure each recipe ingredient is gluten free. Products and ingredient sources can change.
Calories: 140, Calories from Fat: 70, Omega-3: 20 g, Potassium: 105 mg, Sodium: 85 mg, Total Carbohydrate: 16 g, Dietary Fiber: 1 g, Total Fat: 8 g, Monounsaturated Fat: 3 1/2 g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 1 1/2 g, Protein: 3 g, Saturated Fat: 2 1/2 g, Sugars: 10 g