This is an old favorite, often-requested snack recipe.
1 Hour 10 Minutes
- 12 cups Cheerios cereal
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspon baking soda
- Step 1Heat oven to 250°F. Into large ungreased roasting pan, measure cereal; set aside. In 1-quart saucepan, heat brown sugar, butter, corn syrup and salt to boiling, stirring constantly. Cook over medium heat 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Step 2Remove from heat; stir in soda until foamy. Pour over cereal, stirring until evenly coated. Divide mixture between 2 ungreased 13x9-inch pans.
- Step 3Bake 1 hour, stirring occasionally. Store in airtight container.
- Add chopped salted peanuts or pecans to make this treat special.
Calories: 140, Calories from Fat: 45, Cholesterol: 10 mg, Potassium: 135 mg, Sodium: 220 mg, Total Carbohydrate: 23 g, Dietary Fiber: 2 g, Total Fat: 5 g, Monounsaturated Fat: 1 g, Protein: 2 g, Saturated Fat: 2 1/2 g, Sugars: 11 g, Fats & Oils: 1 tsp