Sweet and Salty Snack Mix
Honey-roasted peanuts, Rice Chex™ cereal and MultiGrain Cheerios cereal are even more delicious when coated in a light honey glaze and tossed with candy for a quick and satisfying snack.
- 4 cups MultiGrain Cheerios cereal
- 4 cups Rice Chex™ cereal
- 1 cup small pretzel twists
- 1 cup roasted salted peanuts
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 cup mini candy-coated chocolate-covered candies
- In large microwavable bowl, mix cereals, pretzels and peanuts.
- In 2-cup microwavable measuring cup, microwave butter and honey uncovered on High 1 to 2 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds, until mixture comes to a full boil and butter is melted. Pour over cereal mixture, stirring until evenly coated. Microwave uncovered on High 2 to 4 minutes, stirring every minute, until mixture is well coated and looks glazed.
- Spread on waxed paper or foil to cool. Place in serving bowl; stir in candies. Store in airtight container.
- Spray inside of measuring cup with cooking spray before measuring honey so the honey will slide right out after measuring.
- This snack is perfect for lunch boxes when packaged in small resealable food-storage plastic bags.
Calories: 160, Calories from Fat: 70, Cholesterol: 5 mg, Insoluble Fiber: 1 g, Potassium: 105 mg, Sodium: 100 mg, Total Carbohydrate: 21 g, Dietary Fiber: 1 g, Total Fat: 7 g, Monounsaturated Fat: 2 1/2 g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 1 g, Protein: 2 g, Saturated Fat: 3 g, Sugars: 12 g