Savory Snacktime Mix
Party time? Bring on the snack mix!
- 2 cups Cheerios™ cereal
- 2 cups Chex™ cereal (any variety)
- 2 cups pretzels
- 1 cup peanuts
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- Step 1Heat oven to 275°F. In ungreased 13x9-inch pan, mix cereals, pretzels and peanuts.
- Step 2In small bowl, stir together remaining ingredients. Pour over cereal mixture; stir until evenly coated.
- Step 3Bake 30 minutes, stirring occasionally; cool. Store in airtight container up to 1 week.
- Special Touch: For easy eating at a cocktail party, serve this snack mix in colorful paper cones. Make the cones by rolling 7-inch squares of medium-weight colored paper into cone shapes and securing with tape. To keep the cones upright, spread a layer of uncooked dried beans in the bottom of a serving container, then nestle the filled paper cones in the beans.
Beta-Carotene: 4%, Calories: 140, Calories from Fat: 80, Cholesterol: 10 mg, Potassium: 120 mg, Sodium: 300 mg, Total Carbohydrate: 13 g, Dietary Fiber: 2 g, Total Fat: 8 g, Monounsaturated Fat: 3 1/2 g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 2 g, Protein: 4 g, Saturated Fat: 2 1/2 g, Sugars: 1 g, Fats & Oils: 1 tsp, Meat & Beans: 1 oz-eq