Gluten Free No-Bake Cereal Bars
Peanut butter and chocolate come together in sweet and crunchy no-bake bars that keep the kitchen cool.
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1/4 cups peanut butter
- 6 cups Cheerios™ cereal
- 1 bag (12 oz) semisweet chocolate chips (2 cups)
- Lightly butter 13 x 9-inch pan. In 4- to 5-quart Dutch oven, heat corn syrup and sugar to boiling over medium-high heat, stirring constantly. Cook until sugar is dissolved; remove from heat. Add 1 cup of the peanut butter; stir until smooth. Add cereal; mix well. Immediately press in buttered pan.
- In 2-quart saucepan over low heat, melt chocolate chips with remaining 1/4 cup peanut butter, stirring constantly. Spread evenly over bars. Refrigerate about 30 minutes or cool completely at room temperature until chocolate is set. For bars, cut into 9 rows by 4 rows.
- For easy removal of bars, line pan with foil and then grease the foil. When chocolate is set, use a spatula to lift entire recipe from pan. Cut into bars.
- Cooking Gluten Free? Always read labels to make sure each recipe ingredient is gluten free. Products and ingredient sources can change.
Calories: 180, Calories from Fat: 70, Insoluble Fiber: 1 g, Potassium: 125 mg, Sodium: 85 mg, Total Carbohydrate: 24 g, Dietary Fiber: 1 g, Total Fat: 8 g, Monounsaturated Fat: 3 g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 1 1/2 g, Protein: 3 g, Saturated Fat: 2 1/2 g, Sugars: 15 g, Meat & Beans: 1 oz-eq