Gluten-Free Cheerios Caramel Crisp Cereal Bars
20 Minutes Prep
1 Hour 20 Minutes Total
A chewy Cheerios bar with a touch of chocolate.
- 6 cups Cheerios cereal
- 1 bag (14 oz) gluten-free caramels
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1/4 cup gluten-free miniature semisweet candy-coated chocolate candies for baking
- 1/4 cup semisweet or milk chocolate chips
- 2 teaspoons shortening
- Butter 13 x 9-inch pan. Into large bowl, measure cereal. In medium microwavable bowl, microwave caramels and water uncovered on High 2 1/2 to 4 minutes, stirring after each minute, until smooth. Pour over cereal; gently stir until well coated. Add marshmallows; gently stir. Press evenly in pan, using buttered back of spoon.
- In small microwavable bowl, microwave glaze ingredients uncovered on Medium (50%) about 1 minute or until mixture can be stirred smooth; drizzle over bars.
- Sprinkle bars with candies. Refrigerate about 1 hour or until bars are firm and glaze is set. For bars, cut into 9 rows by 4 rows. Store loosely covered.
- The Chocolate Glaze can be made in a small saucepan - melt over low heat.
- Cooking Gluten Free? Always read labels to make sure each recipe ingredient is gluten free. Products and ingredient sources can change.
Calories: 90, Calories from Fat: 20, Potassium: 65 mg, Sodium: 65 mg, Total Carbohydrate: 16 g, Total Fat: 2 g, Protein: 1 g, Saturated Fat: 1 g, Sugars: 8 g