Almond Apple Muffins
Perfect for a light snack with added nutrition.
- Step 1 Preheat the oven to 350 °F.
- Step 2 In a food processor, pulverize the Cheerios™. In a deep, glass container, mix the ground cereal, almond flour, corn flour, baking soda and pinch of salt. Set aside.
- Step 3 Beat the eggs and vegetable oil with a whisk.
- Step 4 Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, and incorporate the brown sugar and apples.
- Step 5 Arrange muffin liners in a muffin tin, filling each 3/4 full with the batter. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the muffin comes out dry.
- Step 6 Let rest for 5 minutes before removing muffins from tin. Serve, and enjoy!
- To add crunch to the muffins, toss 1/3 cup almonds or walnuts into the batter.
- Cooking Gluten Free? Always read labels to make sure each recipe ingredient is gluten free. Products and ingredient sources can change.