Almond Apple Muffins
10 Minutes Prep
45 Minutes Total
- 1 cup Apple Cinnamon Cheerios™ cereal
- 1 cup almond flour
- 3 tablespoons corn flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 pinch salt
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 Granny Smith apple, finely chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350 °F.
- In a food processor, pulverize the Cheerios™. In a deep, glass container, mix the ground cereal, almond flour, corn flour, baking soda and pinch of salt. Set aside.
- Beat the eggs and vegetable oil with a whisk.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, and incorporate the brown sugar and apples.
- Arrange muffin liners in a muffin tin, filling each 3/4 full with the batter. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the muffin comes out dry.
- Let rest for 5 minutes before removing muffins from tin. Serve, and enjoy!
- To add crunch to the muffins, toss 1/3 cup almonds or walnuts into the batter.
- Cooking Gluten Free? Always read labels to make sure each recipe ingredient is gluten free. Products and ingredient sources can change.