Chocolate Cheerios Peanut Butter Cereal Bars
Delicious protein packed cereal bars.
- 5 cups Chocolate Cheerios cereal
- 3/4 cup raisins
- 3/4 cup salted peanuts
- 1 cup corn syrup
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
- Step 1Spray 13x9-inch pan with cooking spray. In large bowl, combine cereal, raisins and peanuts; set aside.
- Step 2In 2-quart saucepan, combine corn syrup and sugars. Heat to boiling over medium heat, stirring constantly; remove from heat. Stir in peanut butter.
- Step 3Pour peanut butter mixture over cereal mixture; mix until thoroughly coated. Spread evenly in pan.
- Step 4In a small microwavable bowl, microwave chocolate chips on High 1 minute, stirring every 15 seconds, until melted and smooth. Drizzle over bars. Refrigerate 15 minutes or until chocolate is set.
- How-To: Place melted chocolate chips in resealable plastic bag. Cut off small piece of corner; drizzle chocolate over bars.
Calories: 230, Calories from Fat: 80, Insoluble Fiber: 1 g, High-Fat Meat: 1/2, Potassium: 170 mg, Sodium: 90 mg, Total Carbohydrate: 33 g, Dietary Fiber: 1 g, Total Fat: 9 g, Monounsaturated Fat: 4 g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 2 1/2 g, Protein: 4 g, Saturated Fat: 2 g, Sugars: 22 g, Meat & Beans: 1 oz-eq