Construction Blocks with Fruity Cheerios
20 Minutes Prep
3 Hours Total
- 1 box Fruity Cheerios cereal
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 50 large marshmallows
- Vegetable oil in spray, as needed
- Divide the cereal by color. Add 1 1/2 cups of green cereal to a food processor and grind it up a bit. Leave a few pieces without processing for decoration. Repeat the process for each color. Add them to separate glass or ceramic bowls (not plastic).
- Grease a rectangular or square mold, set aside.
- In a glass container, melt 1 tablespoon of butter in the microwave, about 40 seconds. Add 10 marshmallows and move them around to fully coat them in butter. Microwave for 1 minute or until the marshmallows dissolve completely.
- Use a wooden spoon to completely combine the marshmallows and butter, and pour over the cereal in one of the containers. Stir until the cereal is completely mixed with the marshmallow mixture, you’ll see it turns sticky. Transfer the mixture to the greased mold, wet your hands and use them to press the corners until you have a square block of cereal. Repeat with the 4 remaining colors. Place the colors side by side.
- Cover with plastic and refrigerate for 1-2 hours.
- Cut the blocks into different sizes. Take a few Fruity Cheerios™ and place them over a block of the same color to create construction blocks. You’ll only need to press lightly as the marshmallow will help it stick. Serve and enjoy!
- If you have any leftovers, cover them in plastic and store in a tightly sealed container.