No-Bake Peanut Butter-Cereal Bars
Peanuts, peanut butter and peanut butter baking chip–oh my! This is the no-bake cereal bar for peanut butter lovers!
- 4 cups Cheerios™ Protein Cinnamon Almond cereal
- 1 cup honey-roasted peanuts
- 1 cup peanut butter chips
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Step 1 Line bottom and sides of 8-inch square pan with foil or parchment paper. Spray foil with cooking spray. In large bowl, mix cereal, peanuts and peanut butter chips; set aside.
- Step 2 In large microwavable bowl, microwave peanut butter, honey and butter uncovered on High 2 to 3 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds, until mixture is boiling and slightly thickened.
- Step 3 Pour over cereal mixture in bowl; stir until evenly coated. Using buttered back of spoon, press mixture very firmly in pan. Refrigerate about 1 hour or until firm enough to cut.
- Step 4 For bars, cut into 4 rows by 4 rows. Store covered at room temperature up to 1 week.
- Make sure to really compress the cereal bars; that will make them easier to cut.
Calories: 280, Calories from Fat: 140, Insoluble Fiber: 2 g, High-Fat Meat: 1, Potassium: 210 mg, Sodium: 170 mg, Total Carbohydrate: 27 g, Dietary Fiber: 2 g, Total Fat: 16 g, Monounsaturated Fat: 7 g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 4 g, Protein: 8 g, Saturated Fat: 3 1/2 g, Sugars: 19 g, Meat & Beans: 1 oz-eq