Gluten Free Cheerios Crumb Crust
Here’s an easy gluten-free alternative to a graham cracker crust.
- Step 1 Heat oven to 350°F. Using food processor, finely crush cereal.
- Step 2 In medium bowl, mix crushed cereal and sugar with fork. Stir in melted butter until well mixed. Press in bottom and up side of ungreased 9-inch pie plate.
- Step 3 Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool completely, about 30 minutes. This crust performs best with a creamy no-bake type filling.
- Cooking Gluten Free? Always read labels to make sure each recipe ingredient is gluten free. Products and ingredient sources can change.
- No food processor? Place cereal in food storage plastic bag; crush finely with rolling pin or meat mallet. Use 2 1/2 cups cereal to make 1 cup of crumbs. Be sure the crumbs are finely crushed; large particles make it difficult to press mixture into pie plate.
- The butter can be replaced with 1/4 cup vegan vegetable oil spread stick, melted.
Calories: 130, Calories from Fat: 70, Cholesterol: 20 mg, Potassium: 50 mg, Sodium: 125 mg, Total Carbohydrate: 14 g, Total Fat: 8 g, Monounsaturated Fat: 2 g, Protein: 1 g, Saturated Fat: 5 g, Sugars: 8 g, Fats & Oils: 2 tsp