Banana Nut Cheerios Energy Bars
Banana Nut Cheerios cereal and peanut butter stir up into an easy no-bake snack bar.
- 4 cups Banana Nut Cheerios cereal
- 1 cup sweetened dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1/3 cup roasted unsalted sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Step 1 Spray 9-inch square pan with cooking spray. In large bowl, mix cereal, cranberries, almonds and sunflower nuts.
- Step 2 In 2-quart saucepan, heat corn syrup, brown sugar and peanut butter to boiling over medium-high heat, stirring constantly. Boil and stir 1 minute. Remove from heat; stir in vanilla.
- Step 3 Pour syrup mixture over cereal mixture; toss to coat. Press firmly in pan. Cool completely, about 30 minutes. For bars, cut into 6 rows by 4 rows.
- To toast almonds, sprinkle in ungreased heavy skillet. Cook over medium heat 5 to 7 minutes, stirring frequently until almonds begin to brown, then stirring constantly until almonds are light brown.
Calories: 110, Calories from Fat: 30, Potassium: 65 mg, Sodium: 55 mg, Total Carbohydrate: 18 g, Dietary Fiber: 1 g, Total Fat: 3 1/2 g, Monounsaturated Fat: 1 1/2 g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 1 1/2 g, Protein: 1 g, Sugars: 11 g