NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Eligibility: Cheerios Heart Hunt Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia who are at least eighteen (18) years old at the time of entry. Employees of General Mills Sales, Inc., (“Sponsor”), General Mills, Inc., HelloWorld, Inc., (“Administrator”) and their parent and affiliate companies as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children) and household members of each such employee are not eligible. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules. Sponsor’s and Administrator’s decisions are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
2. Sponsor: General Mills Sales, Inc., One General Mills Blvd, Minneapolis, MN 55426. Administrator: HelloWorld, Inc., 3000 Town Center, Suite 2100, Southfield, MI 48075.
3. Timing: The Sweepstakes begins on September 15, 2019 at or after 12:00 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”), ends on November 15, 2019, at 11:59 p.m. ET (the “Promotion Period”), and consists of nine (9) “Weekly Entry Periods” as set forth in the chart below. The servers of Twitter, Inc., Facebook Inc. and Instagram LLC are the official time-keeping devices for the Sweepstakes.
|Weekly Entry Period||Starts at 12:00 a.m. ET||Ends at 11:59 p.m. ET||Approximate Drawing Date|
|1||September 15, 2019||September 21, 2019||September 23, 2019|
|2||September 22, 2019||September 28, 2019||September 30, 2019|
|3||September 29, 2019||October 5, 2019||October 7, 2019|
|4||October 6, 2019||October 12, 2019||October 15, 2019|
|5||October 13, 2019||October 19, 2019||October 21, 2019|
|6||October 20, 2019||October 26, 2019||October 28, 2019|
|7||October 27, 2019||November 2, 2019||November 4, 2019|
|8||November 3, 2019||November 9, 2019||November 11, 2019|
|9||November 10, 2019||November 15, 2019||November 18, 2019|
4. How to Enter:
Participation Requirements: To participate, you will need to have a Twitter, Facebook and/or Instagram account (each a “Social Account”). Creating each Social Account is free but is subject to the applicable terms and conditions (http://twitter.com/tos), (https://www.facebook.com/legal/terms) or (http://instagram.com/about/legal/terms/#). Posting on Instagram requires a mobile device and therefore message and data rates may apply. If entering via a mobile device and using your wireless carrier’s network, standard data charges from your wireless carrier may apply. Your account settings on the Social Account you use to enter must be set to “unprotected” and/or “public” in order for your Tweets or comments to Sponsor’s posts are viewable by Sponsor.
How to Receive an Entry: During the Promotion Period, take the following actions on one of the selected Social Channels:
Facebook: Locate Sponsor’s post on the Cheerio’s Facebook page advertising this Sweepstakes and comment with a photo of a Cheerio that includes a heart shaped center and include #CheeriosHeartHuntSweepstakes.
Twitter: Tweet a photo of a Cheerio that includes a heart shaped center and include #CheeriosHeartHuntSweepstakes in your Tweet.
Instagram: Post a photo of a Cheerio that includes a heart shaped center and include #CheeriosHeartHuntSweepstakes in your caption.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY METHOD: If you do not have a photo of a Cheerios that includes a heart shaped center, you may post this one as an alternative: http://bit.ly/2kx6WsD and include #CheeriosHeartHuntSweepstakes in your Facebook Comment, Instagram post or Tweet. Your Tweet, comment or post need not include any reference, positive or negative, to Sponsor’s products or services. Retweets, Instagram stories, and Instagram posts where the hashtag is included in a comment rather than the caption of the original post will not be deemed entries.
If you have posted a “Qualified Submission (defined below), you automatically will receive one (1) entry into the Weekly Entry Period drawing corresponding to the date and time of your social post, one (1) entry into all subsequent Weekly Entry Period drawings, and one (1) entry into the Grand Prize drawing for each Qualified Submission (up to a maximum of ten (10) Qualified Submissions. If you are selected as a winner of a Weekly Entry Period prize, your entry will not be included in any subsequent Weekly Entry Period drawings.
Content Restrictions for your social posts (“Qualified Submission”): Your Tweet, comment or post and its included content will hereafter be referred to as your Submission. Qualified Submissions must be your original work. If you include the names or likenesses of other individuals, you must have their permission to be included and to grant the rights set forth in Section 5. If requested, entrant must be able to provide such permissions in a form acceptable to Sponsor. A Qualified Submission may not be indecent, obscene, hateful, tortious, defamatory, libelous, contain material that violates or infringes another’s rights, disparage Sponsor, or any other person or party, or contain material that is unlawful in any way. A Qualified Submission must not contain brand names or trademarks other than those owned by Sponsor, which entrant has a limited license to use to incorporate in his/her Submission. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any Submission that it finds unlawful, or in violation of these Official Rules, all in its sole discretion.
Entry Limits: You may enter up to ten (10) times during the Promotion Period. Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the same Social Account. Any attempt by any entrant to obtain more than the stated number of entries by using multiple/different Social Accounts, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void that entrant’s entries and that entrant may be disqualified. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. In the event of a dispute as to any registration, the authorized account holder of the Social Account used to register will be deemed to be the entrant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses used to create the Social Account. Each potential winner may be required to show proof of being an authorized account holder. Released Parties (as defined in Section 8, below) are not responsible for lost, late, unreceived, damaged, incomplete, invalid, un-intelligible, garbled, delayed or misdirected Submissions or failure to receive Submissions due to limitation of third-party social network platforms all of which will be void.
5. Sponsor’s Use of Submissions: Tweeting/Posting a Submission constitutes entrant’s consent to give Sponsor a royalty-free, irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive license to use, reproduce, modify, publish, create derivative works from, and display such submissions in whole or in part, on a worldwide basis, and to incorporate it into other works, in any form, media or technology now known or later developed, including for promotional or marketing purposes. If requested, entrant will sign any documentation that may be required for Sponsor or its designees to make use of the non-exclusive rights entrant is granting to use the Submission.
6. Prize Drawings: Administrator is an independent judging organization whose decisions as to the administration and operation of the Sweepstakes and the selection of the potential winners are final and binding. Administrator will randomly select the potential Weekly Entry Period (First Prize) winners from all eligible entries received for each Weekly Entry Period on the dates listed in the chart in Section 3. Administrator will randomly select the potential Grand Prize winners from all eligible entries received during the Promotion Period, on or around November 18, 2019. Each potential winner will be notified by @Cheerios through the Social Channel of the selected winning entry and will be directed to a secure promotional website where winner must provide his/her name, mailing address and date of birth to confirm eligibility and for prize fulfillment purposes within 3 days of the date notice or attempted notice is sent into order to claim the prize. In addition, each potential Grand Prize winner (or parent/legal guardian if winner is a minor in his/her state of residence) will be required to sign and return a Declaration of Compliance, Liability Waiver and, where not prohibited, a Publicity Release (“Declaration”) which must be received by Administrator, within seven (7) days of the date notice or attempted notice is sent, in order to claim the Grand Prize. If a potential winner of any prize cannot be contacted, fails to sign and return the Declaration or provide any other requested information within the required time period (as applicable), or the prize is returned as undeliverable, the potential winner forfeits the prize. Receiving a prize is contingent upon compliance with these Official Rules. If a potential winner is disqualified for any reason, Sponsor will award the applicable prize to an alternate winner by random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries. Only three (3) alternate drawings will be held, after which the prize will remain un-awarded.
7. Prizes: THREE (3) GRAND PRIZE: $1,000 Visa® Prepaid Card. Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”): $1,000.
EIGHTEEN (18) FIRST PRIZES (2 awarded each Weekly Entry Period): $100 Visa® Prepaid Card: $100.
Card is issued by The Bancorp Bank, Member FDIC, pursuant to a license from Visa U.S.A. Inc. Use your Visa Prepaid card anywhere Visa debit cards are accepted in the United States and U.S. Territories. The card may not be used at any merchant, including internet and mail or telephone order merchants, outside of the United States and U.S. Territories.” Winners of this prize will receive an email from email@example.com that prompts them to select either a physical or virtual Visa Prepaid Card (Visa® Prepaid Card. Card is issued by The Bancorp Bank, Member FDIC, pursuant to a license from Visa U.S.A. Inc. Use your Visa Prepaid card anywhere Visa debit cards are accepted in the United States and U.S. Territories. The card may not be used at any merchant, including internet and mail or telephone order merchants, outside of the United States and U.S. Territories.
Prizes are non-transferable and no substitution will be made except as provided herein at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize for one of equal or greater value if the designated prize should become unavailable for any reason. Winners are responsible for all taxes and fees associated with prize receipt and/or use. Odds of winning a First Prize depend on the number of eligible entries received for each applicable weekly Entry Period. Odds of winning a Grand Prize depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Promotion Period. Limit: One (1) First Prize and one (1) Grand Prize per person. Total ARV of all prizes: $4,600. Prizes will be fulfilled approximately 8-10 weeks after the conclusion of the Sweepstakes.
8. Release: By receipt of any prize, winners agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor, Administrator, Facebook, Inc., Twitter, Inc., Instagram, LLC, and their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, advertising/promotion agencies, and prize suppliers, and each of their respective parent companies and each such company’s officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, arising out of participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use or misuse of any prize.
9. Publicity: Except where prohibited, participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes each winner’s consent to Sponsor’s and its agents’ use of winner’s name, prize information, likeness, Submission, photograph (including, without limitation, winner’s Social Account profile photo), voice, opinions and/or hometown and state for promotional purposes in any media, worldwide, without further payment or consideration.
10. General Conditions: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Sweepstakes, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures, human error or any other factor impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Sweepstakes, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. In such event, Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may elect to hold a random drawing from among all eligible entries received up to the date of discontinuance for any or all of the prizes offered herein. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or to be acting in violation of the Official Rules of this or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
11. Limitations of Liability: The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Sweepstakes; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of entries; (5) late, lost, undeliverable, damaged or stolen mail; or (6) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use or misuse of any prize. If for any reason an entrant’s entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, not received, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, entrant’s sole remedy is another entry in the Sweepstakes, if it is possible. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. In the event that production, technical, seeding, programming or any other reasons cause more than the stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be available and/or claimed, Sponsor reserves the right to award only the stated number of prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate, un-awarded, eligible prize claims.
12. Disputes: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan (Southern Division) or the appropriate Michigan State Court located in Oakland County, Michigan; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Michigan without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Michigan or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Michigan.
14. Winner List: For a winner list, visit http://bit.ly/2LRTBr5. The winner list will be posted after winner confirmation is complete.
© 2019 HelloWorld, Inc. All rights reserved.
This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Inc., Twitter, Inc. or Instagram, LLC.