Cheerios is a fun, flavorful, and familiar cereal. It’s also good for you!
- Cheerios® cereals have essential vitamins and minerals and are made with whole grain.
- All Cheerios varieties have at least 14 grams of whole grain per serving; at least 48 grams are recommended daily.
- Cheerios can be good for your diet because it has essential vitamins and minerals and is made with whole grain. All Cheerios varieties have at least 14 grams of whole grain per serving; at least 48 grams are recommended daily.
A healthy snack
Cheerios® cereal varieties are cholesterol free, made with whole grain, and are highly portable. Original Cheerios cereal and Honey Nut Cheerios cereal taste good, are crunchy, and come in a pleasingly convenient shape for snacking for both kids and adults. Studies show that people who choose more whole grain as part of a healthy diet tend to have healthier body weights than those who don’t. Healthy snacking can be part of a healthy diet, too.
A good breakfast, a better day, a better world
Practical wisdom says that among the daily meals, breakfast rules. Scientific research continues to back that up. A "good" breakfast in particular can include the following kinds of foods:
- Whole grain found in whole-grain breads and some cereals with whole grains and whole-grain oats, like Cheerios;
- Lean proteins like hard-boiled eggs, peanut butter, lean slices of meat and poultry;
- Low-fat dairy like skim milk, low-fat yogurt and low-fat cheeses;
Fresh fruits and vegetables and 100% juice